Wednesday, July 4, 2012

NOTD: Bourjois 1 second 09 + Flormar 39

Hello everybody! :)

I painted today’s manicure yesterday before going to bed. I know this is not the best idea, for you never know, what you’ll see on your nails in the morning, (;D) but I can’t help it, there is always something to do during the day that I cannot take time to do my manicure. :/ I got inspired by an Essence Snow white LE polish called Dopey that moonchild posted yesterday. ;) I was at the DM drugstore and I saw the Dopey polish, but decided not to take it for I already own similar polishes, I rather chose to try to make a similar color manicure (oh how I wish to own every single polish there is to own, but unfortunately there has to be a line where you don’t buy everything you cannot afford :/ ) I bought both polishes in june, Bourjois 1 second polish was 50% off and I bought Flormar 39 in Germany.

Now on to the manicure. I painted my nails with Bourjois 09 and put glittery Flormar 39 on my ring finger. The top coat I used was Essence better than gel nails top sealer (I love that it dries my mani quickly!). Because it was already dark outside, here are some indoor pictures with flash:

IMG_4770

IMG_4771

IMG_4780

 

I like the width of the brush the Bourjois polish has, I don’t like the end of it though. My nails got painted in two brush strikes, but I had trouble near the cuticle, I just didn’t know how to use it properly without having my cuticles flooded. The polish itself is pretty opaque, you can get away with one thick layer of polish if you are precise enough (I was not, I used two). I don’t know how long lasting it is, this morning my index finger chipped a bit. :/ The Flormar is a dream (though a PITA to get off if you don’t use the foil technique ;)) and has a normal brush.

Do you notice how similar the bottles are, but see that Flormar contains 1 ml more? ;)

Here is a today’s photo in the sunlight:

IMG_4788

 

By the end of the day, I couldn’t help but wonder, what would it look like mattified?

 

IMG_4796

 

I LOOOOOOOVE Bourjois mattified!! I used a S-he stylezone matte top coat, but unfortunately all of these polishes are not compatible, the tips of my nails on the “mattified left hand” were worn out in a matter of minutes. :/ My right hand has perfect nail tips in comparison (exept for the before mentioned chipped index finger). As for the mattified Flormar, I usually like mattified glitter polishes, but this time I miss the glitteriness, so I’m going to paint my ring finger with another Flormar coat... :P

No, the manicure is not like Dopey, so if you want to have it, you can still get it in some stores. But I like what I did and I hope you liked it too! Have fun and stay cool in this summer heat! :)

2 comments:

  1. Kako lepa vijolična! :) KO je bila ta akcija (ali pa mogoče še je?!) z Bourjois laki, sem jih planirala nabaviti cel kup, potem pa v trgovini ni noben izgledal pametno :) Tale je res lep, ampak imam sigurno že kaj podobnega ;) Pa hvala za link! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sej to, ko mamo itak že morje lakov doma... :P Kaj naj rečem, hvala za inspiracijo! ;D

      Delete